It will be painful but it is better do it one time and not later needed to do it again. I was on a similar situation (well my company) and I had to suffer such migration (not my company but myself since I'm the one that keeps all those things up to date)

Best regards,

Guido.

On 18/09/14 16:14, Clemens Wyss DEV wrote:
I guess you are right ;)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Siegfried Goeschl [mailto:sgoes...@gmx.at]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. September 2014 16:38
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: slorj -> httpclient 4, but we already have httpclient 3 in use

Hi Clemens,

I think you need to upgrade you framework

* AFAIK is httpclient 3 & 4 uses the same package names - which is slightly
unfortunate
* assuming that they are using the same package name it is non-deterministic
which httpclient library is loaded - might work on your local box but not on
the production server or might change to a change in the project

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl