Hi folks,

I'm trying to get a feel of how large Solr can grow without slowing down too much. We're looking into a use-case with up to 100 billion documents (SolrCloud), and we're a little afraid that we'll end up requiring 100 servers to pull it off.

The largest index we currently have is ~2billion documents in a single Solr instance. Documents are smallish (5k each) and we have ~50 fields in the schema, with an index size of about 2TB. Performance is mostly OK. Cold searchers take a while, but most queries are alright after warming up. I wish I could provide more statistics, but I only have very limited access to the data (...banks...).

I'd very grateful to anyone sharing statistics, especially on the larger end of the spectrum -- with or without SolrCloud.

Thanks,

 - Bram