bq: For Solr 5 why don't we switch it to 64 bit ??

-1 on this for a couple of reasons
> it'd be pretty invasive, and 5.0 may be imminent. Far too big a change to
> implement at the last second
> It's not clear that it's even useful. Once you get to that many documents,
> performance usually suffers

Of course I wouldn't be doing the work so I really don't have much of
a vote, but it's not clear to me at
all that enough people would actually have a use-case for 2b+ docs in
a single shard to make it
worthwhile. At that scale GC potentially becomes really unpleasant for
instance....

FWIW,
Erick