Thanks Shawn,

My application is a standalone application. I though of embedding solr
server, so I can pack it inside my application.

In solr 5.0.0, solr is no longer distributed as a "war" file. how I can
find the war file from the distribution.

I need some advanced features like synonyms search, stop words, wild card
search etc. It would be great, if you can provide some references to get
idea which dependencies need to add to get those features.

Thanks
Danesh