Ahhh, ok. When you reloaded the cores, did you do it core-by-core?
I can see how something could get dropped in that case.

However, if you used the Collections API and two cores mysteriously
failed to reload that would be a bug. Assuming the replicas in question
were up and running at the time you reloaded.

Thanks for letting us know what's going on.
Erick