From: Markus Jelsma [mailto:markus.jel...@openindex.io]
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 6:51 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Poll]: User need for Solr security

Jan - we don't really need any security for our products, nor for most clients.
However, one client does deal with very sensitive data so we proposed to
encrypt the transfer of data and the data on disk through a Lucene Directory.
It won't fill all gaps but it would adhere to such a client's guidelines.

I think many approaches of security in Solr/Lucene would find advocates, be it
index encryption or authentication/authorization or transport security, which
is now possible. I understand the reluctance of the PMC, and i agree with it,
but some users would definitately benefit and it would certainly make
Solr/Lucene the search platform to use for some enterprises.

Markus