On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You'll *not* write a servlet. You'll write implement the Filter interface
> http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/Filter.html
>
> In the doFilter method, you'll create a ServletRequestWrapper which
> changes
> the incoming param. Then you'll call chain.doFilter with the new request
> object. You'll need to add this filter before the SolrRequestFilter in
> Solr's web.xml

I created a CustomFilter that would dump the request contents to a file,
I created the jar and added it to the solr.war in WEB_INF/lib folder
I edited the web.xml in the same folder to include the following lines:
<filter>
    <filter-name>CustomFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>(packagename).CustomFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>

where CustomFilter is the name of the class extending javax.servlet.Filter.

I don't see anything in the contents of the file..

thanks for your help
-umar