From: Gili Nachum <gilinac...@gmail.com>
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Mon, Apr 27, 2015 4:18 pm
Subject: Re: Solr Cloud reclaiming disk space from deleted documents

To prevent it from re occurring you could monitor index size and once above
certain size threshold add another machine and split the shard between
existing
and new machine.
On Apr 20, 2015 9:10 PM, "Rishi Easwaran"
<rishi.easwa...@aol.com> wrote:

> So is there anything that can be done from
a tuning perspective, to
> recover a shard that is 75%-90% full, other that get
rid of the index and
> rebuild the data?
>  Also to prevent this issue from
re-occurring, looks like we need make our
> system aggressive with segment
merges using lower merge factor