yes "textSuggest" is of type "text_general" with below definition

<fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField"
 positionIncrementGap="100" sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true">
     <analyzer type="index">
        <tokenizer class="solr.ClassicTokenizerFactory"/>
<filter class="solr.ClassicFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
<filter class="solr.ShingleFilterFactory" maxShingleSize="5"
outputUnigrams="true"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
<charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-FoldToASCII.txt"/>
         <tokenizer class="solr.ClassicTokenizerFactory"/>
<filter class="solr.ClassicFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
<filter class="solr.ShingleFilterFactory" maxShingleSize="5"
outputUnigrams="true"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

*Rajesh.*