Sounds like a question better asked in one of the Cloudera support
forums, 'cause all I can do is guess ;).

I suppose, theoretically, that you could check out the Solr5
code and substitute the httpclient-4.2.5.jar in the build system,
recompile and go, but that's totally a guess based on zero knowledge
of whether compiling Solr with an earlier httpclient would even work.
Frankly, though, that sounds like more work than distributing the older
jar to the data nodes.

Best,
Erick