Hello,

I'm using Solr to pull information from a Database and a file system
simultaneously. The database houses the file path of the file in the file
system. It pulls all of those just fine. In fact, it combines the metadata
from the database and the metadata from the file system great. The problem
occurs when I try to index the text. The error does not occur at the point
when it tries to add the field "text" to the document. The error occurs when
I try to submit that document to Solr. It gives me this error,

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Exception writing document id
/some/filepath to the index; possible analysis error.

This is how the field is defined in schema:

<field name="text" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"
required="false" multiValued="true" />

and this is the code I use to add it to the document:

File file = new File(filepath);

ContentHandler textHandler = new BodyContentHandler();

Metadata metadata = new Metadata();

ParseContext context = new ParseContext();

Input Stream = new FileInputStream(file);

try{

 autoParser.parse(input, textHandler, metadata, context);

} catch (Exception e) {

  //prints out error message

 continue;

}

if(textHandler != null){

  doc.addField("text",textHandler.toString());

}

try{

    server.add(doc);

} catch (Exception ex){

 //logmessage

 continue;

}

I think it has something to do with how the field is defined in schema but I
don't know. All the files that get error messages are PDF's if that helps.
There are .doc s in the file system but they don't error out.