Hi Erick,

The configuration is largely the default one, and I have not made much
change. I am also quite new to Solr although I have a lot of experience in
other search products.

The whole list of fields need to be retrieved, so I do not have much of a
choice. The total size of the index files is about 1.2 G. I am not sure if
this is a reasonable size for 14 M records in Solr. One field that could be
removed is hotel name which can be retrieved/matched by mid-tier
application based on hotelcode (in the search index).

You mentioned maxWarmingSearchers and commented out configuration of
"commit". That seems more related to indexing performance, and may not be
related to query performance? Actually, these were out-of-box default
configuration that I have not changed.

Obviously the 1 second response time with a single request does not
translate well in a concurrent users scenario. Do you see any necessary
changes on the configuration files to make query perform faster?

Thanks,