It would be nice to see some kind of update to the Solr website regarding what's holding up a 1.3 release. I look at that a lot more often than I look at this mailing list to see whether or not there's a new version I should be looking to test out.

Ryan Grange, IT Manager
DollarDays International, LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
480-922-8155 x106

Noble Paul ??????? ?????? wrote:
If a feature that is  really big (say distributed search) is half
baked and not ready for primetime, we must hold on the release till it
is completely fixed. That is not to say that every possible
enhancements to that feature must be incorporated before we can do a
release. If the new changes are not going to break the existing system
we can go ahead.

A faster release cycle can drive the adoption of a lot of new features
because users are not very confident of nightly builds and they tend
to stick with the latest realease available. SolrJ is a very good
example. So many users still have their own sweet client libraries in
production because they think SolrJ is yet in development and there is
no release.

--Noble

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Chris Hostetter