It depends on your query. The second query is better if you know that
fieldb:bar filtered query will be reused often since it will be cached
separately from the query. The first query occuppies one cache entry while
the second one occuppies two cache entries, one in queryCache and one in
filteredCache. Therefore, if you're not going to reuse fieldb:bar, the
second query is better.

--
Regards,

Cuong Hoang