On the face of it, your scenario seems plausible. I can offer two pieces
of info that may or may not help you:

1. A write request to Solr will not be acknowledged until an attempt has
been made to write to all relevant replicas. So, B won’t ever be missing
updates that were applied to A, unless communication with B was disrupted
somehow at the time of the update request. You can add a min_rf param to
your write request, in which case the response will tell you how many
replicas received the update, but it’s still up to your indexer client to
decide what to do if that’s less than your replication factor.

See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Read+and+Write+Side+Fault+
Tolerance for more info.

2. There are two forms of replication. The usual thing is for the leader
for each shard to write an update to all replicas before acknowledging the
write itself, as above. If a replica is less than N docs behind the
leader, the leader can replay those docs to the replica from its
transaction log. If a replica is more than N docs behind though, it falls
back to the replication handler recovery mode you mention, and attempts to
re-sync the whole shard from the leader.
The default N for this is 100, which is pretty low for a high-update-rate
index. It can be changed by increasing the size of the transaction log,
(via numRecordsToKeep) but be aware that a large transaction log size can
delay node restart.

See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/UpdateHandlers+in+SolrConf
ig#UpdateHandlersinSolrConfig-TransactionLog for more info.

Hope some of that helps, I don’t know a way to say
delete-first-on-recovery.