Thanks for your response. I have already gone through those documents
before. My point was that if I am using Solr Cloud the only way to
distribute my indexes is by adding shards? and I don't have to do anything
manually (because all the distributed search is handled by Solr Cloud).

What is the Xms and Xmx you are allocating to Solr and how much max is used by
your solr?
Xms and Xmx are both 4G. My current JVM-Memory consumption is 1.58 GB

How many segments are there in the index? The more the segment the slower is
the search.
How do I check how many segments are there in the index?

Is this after you moved to solrcloud?
I have been using SolrCloud from the beginning.

Regards,
Salman