On 11/19/2015 3:02 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 11/19/2015 2:10 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
>> when you indexed docs into this test config, did you use waitSearcher=true
>> like in your original logs?
>>
>> I think that + newSearcher QuerySendListener is the key to triggering the
>> error logging.
> I don't recall ever configuring anything with an explicit
> waitSearcher=true.  I think that's in the log because that's the default
> value for that parameter.  Have I overlooked something?

After I sent this, I realized that there is one place where that
parameter is explicitly set to true.  The SolrJ code sends an explicit
soft commit after each update cycle.  I'm using the following code with
HttpSolrClient:

  UpdateResponse ur = _client.commit(_name, true, true, true);

The only method that does a soft commit also requires explicitly setting
the waitSearcher parameter, and I definitely do want my code to wait for
that searcher.

When I find some time to work on the problem, I'll do the update with
SolrJ and try different kinds of commits.

Thanks,
Shawn