Doesn't work :(. None of the parameters in the "defaults" section is
being read. Solr still uses the predefined default parameters.

P.S. In "defaults" section I should be able specify also what
stylesheet to use, right?
 Quoting Shalin Shekhar Mangar : You can configure this in
solrconfig.xml under the "defaults" section for
 StandardRequestHandler
 <requestHandler name="standard"
class="solr.StandardRequestHandler"
 default="true">
 <!-- default values for query parameters -->
 <lst name="defaults">
 <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
 <int name="rows">30</int>
 <str name="fl">*</str>