Thanks Andrea and Alexandre for your responses. Indeed it was the problem
that Solr.NET was returning many rows (as I captured this by fiddler).
Currently, my setup has only 500MB of JVM (which I will definitely
increase) but at least I found the culprit by reducing the number of rows
returned.

Regards,
Salman