From: Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] [mailto:daniel.da...@nih.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:10 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Testing Solr configuration, schema, and other fields

At my organization, I want to create a tool that allows users to keep a solr
configuration as a Git repository.   Then, I want my Continuous Integration
environment to take some branch of the git repository and "publish" it into
ZooKeeper/SolrCloud.

Working on my own, it is only a very small pain to note foolish errors I've
made, fix them, and restart.    However, I want my users to be able to edit
their own Solr schema and config *most* of the time, at least on development
servers.    They will not have command-line access to these servers, and I want
to avoid endless restarts.

I'm not interested in fighting to maintain such a useless thing as a DTD/XSD
without community support; what I really want to know is whether Solr will
start and can index some sample documents.   I'm wondering whether I might be
able to build a tool to fire up an EmbeddedSolrServer and capture error
messages/exceptions in a reasonable way.     This tool could then be run by my
users before they commit to git, and then again by the CI server before it
"publishes" the configuration to ZooKeeper/SolrCloud.

Any suggestions?

Dan Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor), Office of Computer and
Communications Systems, National Library of Medicine, NIH

[GrayHair]
GHS Confidentiality Notice

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this information is
prohibited, and may be punishable by law. If this was sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.

GrayHair Software <http://www.grayhairSoftware.com>