There's no reason to shut down your node. You should be able
to issue a REBALANCELEADERS command, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-RebalanceLeaders

on a currently-running cluster and all your preferred leaders
(assuming the nodes are up) should become the leader of their respective shards.

I should emphasize, though, that this is rarely necessary unless you
have lots and lots
and lots of shards. The use-case that code was written for was,
literally, hundreds
of shards all had their leaders on a single node.

FWIW,
Erick