On Thu, 2016-02-11 at 11:53 +0100, Matteo Grolla wrote:
>          I'm working with solr 4.0, sorting on score (default).
> I tried setting the document cache size to 2048, so all docs of a single
> request fit (2 requests fit actually)
> If I execute a query the first time it takes 24s
> I reexecute it, with all docs in the documentCache and it takes 15s
> execute it with rows = 400 and it takes 3s

Those are very long execution times. It sounds like you either have very
complex queries or very large fields, as Binoy suggests. Can you provide
us with a full sample request and tell us how large a single documnent
is when returned? If you do not need all the fields in the returned
documents, you should limit them with the fl-parameter.

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark