Thanks Yonik.

1) How would I enforce OR on the list of terms when AND is my default
search Boolean setting in solrconfig.xml?

2) And just to confirm that I understand your solution, here is my current
implementation:

q=user-real-search-terms&fq={!join+fromIndex=sku_idex+from=SkuID+to=SkuFfolder}FooField:(a
OR b OR c ...)

Based on what you showed, I'm assuming I can now do the following:

q=user-real-search-terms&fq={!join+fromIndex=sku_idex+from=SkuID+to=SkuFfolder}FooField:({!terms
f=FooField}a,b,c,d,e)

Did I get this right?

Steve