Hi Manohar,
I have not clear what should be your ideal ranking of suggestions.

"I want prefix search of
entire keyword to be of high preference (#1 to #5 in the below example)
followed by prefix part of any other string (the last 2 in the below
example). I am not bothered about ordering within 1st and 2nd set.

ABC Corporation
ABCD Corporation
Abc Tech
AbCorporation
ABCD company
The ABC Company
The ABCDEF"

Could you take the example you posted, show an example of query and the
expected sort order ?
According to your description of the problem
Query : abc
1 Criteria : entire keyword to be of high preference
I can't understand why you didn't count #3, #6 but you did #5 .

2 Criteria : followed by prefix part of any other string
It is not that clear, probably you mean all the rest.
Anyway an infix lookup algorithm with a boost for exact search should do
the trick.

Please give us some more details !

Cheers

--