Try removing the 'stored="true" ' from the gps_0_coordinate and
gps_1_coordinate.

When you say "...tried to do an update on any other fileds" I'm assuming you're
talking about Atomic Updates, which require that the destinations of
copyFields are single valued. Under the covers the location type is
split and copied to the other two fields so I suspect that's what's going on.

And you could also try one of the other types, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Spatial+Search

Best,
Erick