Would like to check, what is the use of the gps_0_coordinate and
gps_1_coordinate
field then? Is it just to store the data points, or does it have any other
use?

When I do the query, I found that we are only querying the gps_field, which
is something like this:
http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/highlight?q=*:*&fq={!geofilt
pt=1.5,100.0 sfield=gps d=5}

Regards,