yes, It will be there in the next patch .
The Entityprocessor interface will have an extra destroy() method so
you can extend SqlEntityProcessor and override the init/destroy
methods for doing pre/post actions. init() is already there

Another addition is getSolrCore() in Context which can help you invoke
methods on solr directly

--
--Noble Paul