Right, I don't have the code in front of me right now, but I think
your issue is at the "aggregation" point. You also have to put
some code in the aggregation bits that pull your custom parts
from the sub-request packets and puts in the final packet,
"doing the right thing" in terms of assembling them into
something meaningful along the way (e.g. averaging "myvar"
or putting it in a list identified by shard or......).

I think if you fire the query at one of your shards with &distrib=false
you'll see your additions, which would demonstrate that your
filter is being found. I assume your custom jar is on the shards
or you'd get an exception (assuming you've pushed your
solrconfig to ZK).

Best,
Erick