So I notice if I create the simplest MergeStrategy I can get my test values
from the shard responses and then if I add info to the SolrQueryResponse it
gets back to the caller. I still must be missing something. I wouldn't
expect to have different code paths - one for single shard one for multi
shard. So if the PostFilter is restricting the documents returned, what's
the correct way to return my analytics info? Should I not be adding data to
the SolrQueryResponse from within the delegating collector's finish()
method? Here's what I'm trying to do (still works fine with a single shard
collection :)

- Use the DelegatingCollector to restrict docs returned (dropping docs that
are "duplicates" based on my critieria)
- Calculate 2 stats for each collected doc: a count of "duplicate" docs & a
sum on a number field from these "duplicate" docs. I am doing the math in
the collect() method.
- Return the stats in the response stream. I'm using a TransformerFactory
now to inject a new field into the results for each doc. Should I be using a
SearchComponent instead?

Erick Erickson wrote