> Really, there is nothing in solr. log. I did not change any option
> related
> to this in config. Solr died again some hours ago and the last entry
> is: 2016-10-09 22:02:31.051 WARN (qtp225493257-1097) [ ]
> o.a.s.h.a.LukeRequestHandler Error getting file length for
> [segments_9102]

That's a warning message, not an error, and would not cause Solr to
crash.  It's a common message on recent Solr versions, even when things
are working perfectly.  We have some jira issues on it, I thought it had
been eliminated, but perhaps not.

Are there any logfiles with filenames that fit the following naming
scheme in your installation?  The filename would include Solr's port
number and a timestamp.

solr_oom_killer-$SOLR_PORT-$NOW.log

If there are, then the times in those logfiles would correspond to the
Java process committing suicide because of an OutOfMemoryError.  On
UNIX-like operating systems, the latest versions of Solr have a
functional OOM killer script.  Killing Solr is the only reasonable
response to such an error, because an out of memory situation leaves a
java program in a completely unpredictable state where anything might
happen.

What I have been hoping to see is the exact text of an OutOfMemoryError
in solr.log so I can tell whether it's happening because of heap space
or some other problem, like stack space.  The stacktrace on such an
error might be helpfultoo.

Thanks,
Shawn