There is no official build with minimal Solr configuration. Some
downstream projects may do so, but we don't keep track of their
installation specifics.

If it is an issue with contrib directory I would think you should be
able to just not use it or even delete it.

As to the searching, you've already been shown Markmail. There is also
http://search-lucene.com/?project=Solr&type=mail+_hash_+user&q=license

Regards,
   Alex.
----