I have the following structure for the class used for indexing a solr
document. I am using solrj 5.5.2 (same solr is being used on the cluster
with the collection in solr cloud mode having 3 shards)

I added the @Field(child = true) to the ChnagedAttribute object and even
though my document is indexed, it is flattened, such that, the object is
treated as a different document.

So rather than having 3 documents, I am getting 6 docs from solr when I
query for everything.

Any help regarding this issue is really appreciated.

@Data
public class EventDocument implements Serializable {

        @Field("id")
        private String solrId;
        @Field("eventName_t")
        private String eventName;
        @Field("Message_t")
        private String message;
        @Field(child = true)
        private ChangedAttribute changedAttributes;

}

@Data
class ChangedAttribute implements Serializable {

        @Field("id")
        private String id;
        @Field("AttributeName_t")
        private String attributeName;