1> I would not do this. First there's the lock issues you mentioned.
But let's say replica1 is your indexer and replicas2 and 3 point to
the same index. When replica1 commits, now do replicas 2 and 3 know to
open a new searcher?

<2> and <3> just seem like variants of coupling Solr instances to
collections, which I'd advise against.

I'd just have a single collection with 1 shard and that shard has as
many replicas as you need, spread across as many Solr instances as you
want. CloudSolrClient takes care of load balancing with an internal
software load balancer and is aware of ZooKeeper so it can "do the
right thing". Updates get sent to all replicas and indexed locally. Do
not try to share indexes

You get all the HA/DR of SolrCloud.

If that doesn't work, _then_ worry about more complex schemes.

Best,
Erick