On 7/17/2017 2:48 AM, wg85907 wrote:
>         Thanks for your detail explanation. The reason I want to shutdown the
> CloudSolrServer instance and create a new one is that I have concern that if
> it can successfully reconnect to Zookeeper server if Zookeeper cluster has
> some issue and reboot.

I know that as long as the zookeeper ensemble (which is three or more ZK
servers working together) does not lose quorum, and Solr is connected to
all of the servers in the ensemble, Solr will be fine.

I have heard someone on the list say that if ZK loses quorum (which
means that the number of running servers drops below a required minimum)
then Solr doesn't recover correctly when quorum is re-established.  If
you have three servers, then at least two of them must be working to
maintain quorum.  If there are five servers, then at least three of them
must be working.

I do not think that the problem described above has been confirmed as an
issue.  If it does turn out to be true, then the problem is not likely
to be in Solr, but in ZK -- Solr uses the ZK client, which completely
manages that communication.

Thanks,
Shawn