I thought I had asked this previously, but I can't find reference to it
now.  I am interested in using a custom StoredFieldVisitor in Solr and
after spelunking through the code for a little it seems that there is no
easy extension point that supports me doing so.  I am currently on Solr 4.x
(moving forward is a long term option, but can't be done in the short
term).  The only option I see at this point is creating a forking Solr and
changing the way SolrIndexSearcher currently works to provide another
option to enable my custom StoredFieldVisitor.  While I'd prefer not to do
so, if it is my only option I am ok with it.

Are there any suggestions for how to go about supporting this besides the
above?

Jamie