Hi Edwin,
If the number of words that should not be stemmed is not high you could use
KeywordMarkerFilterFactory to flag those words as keywords and it should
prevent stemmer from changing them.
Depending on what you want to achieve, you might not be able to avoid using
stemmer at indexing time. If you want to find documents that contain only
“walking” with search term “walk”, then you have to stem at index time. Cases
when you use stemming on query time only are rare and specific.
If you want to prefer exact matches over stemmed matches, you have to index
same content with and without stemming and boost matches on field without
stemming.

HTH,
Emir