Hi Erick,

Thanks for the reply. Here are more details on our setup -

*Setup/schema details -*

100 million doc solr core

String field (not tokenized) is docValues=true, indexed=true and stored=true

Field is almost unique in the index, around 80 million are unique

no commits on index

all caches disabled in solrconfig.xml

solr jvm heap 1GB

single solr core in jvm

solr core is not optimized and has about 50 segment files some up to 5GB

index size on disk is around 150GB

solr v6.5.0

*Performance -*

q=myfield:abc* has QTime=30secs+ first time

q=myfield:abc* has QTime=17-20secs after filecache on OS is primed

Thanks
Sundeep