Hi all,

I have a field of type "date_range" defined as:

<fieldType name="date_range"  class="solr.DateRangeField" multiValued="false" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

The problem is that sorting on this field does not work (despite the fact that I put dates in there). Instead I get an error prompting to perform sorting through a query.

How can I do that? There is no documentation that I could find, that shows an alternative.

Also, I think that I saw a warning somewhere, that DateRangeField is deprecated. But no alternative is suggested:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_1/working-with-dates.html

I am using solr 7.1.

George