>From the ref guide:

"Field names should consist of alphanumeric or underscore characters
only and not start with a digit. This is not currently strictly
enforced, but other field names will not have first class support from
all components and back compatibility is not guaranteed."

You need to _completely_ blow away your index and re-index from
scratch though. By "completely blow away" I mean
1> shut down your Solrs and "rm -rf each_core/data"
or
2> create a new collection and index into that
or
3> delete your collection and re-create it.

If you just re-index your entire corpus after changing the field
names, the metadata for the old fields will be preserved. Likely you
won't notice, it's not very much data but....

Erick