Hi

I am using Solr 7.2.1. I have 8 shards in two nodes (two different m/c)
using Solr Cloud. The data was indexed with a unique key (default composite
id) using the CSV update handler (batch indexing). Note that I do NOT have
<prefix and an !> while indexing.   Then when I try to  query the
collection col1 based on my primary key (as below), I see that in the
'debug' response that the query was sent to all the shards and when it
finds the document in one the shards it sends a GET FIELD to that shard to
get the data.  The problem is potentially high response time, and more
importantly scalability issue as unnecessarily all shards are being queried
to get one document (by unique key).

http://<host>:8080/solr/col1/select?debug=true&q=id:69749278

Is there a way to query to reach the right shard based on the has of the
unique key?

Regards
Ganesh