Hello,

I am using Solr to power faceting features for our  application.

I know that SOLR can do free text search but what is the best practice for
faceting on common terms inside SOLR text fields?

For example, we have a large blob of text (a description of a property)
which contains useful text to facet on like 'city', 'formation', 'year',
'school', 'skill', ... dozens more like these.

I would like to create a view which lets users see the number of properties
with each of these terms and allow the users to drill down to the relevant
properties.

One obvious solution is to pre-process the data, parse the text, and create
the facets for each of these key phrases with a boolean yes/no value.

I'd ideally like to automate this, so I imagine the SOLR free text search
engine might allow this? e.g. Can I use the free text search engine to
remove stop words and collect counts of common phrases which we can then
present to the user?

If pre-processing is the only way, is there a common/best practice approach
to this or any open source libraries which perform this function?

What is the best practice for counting and grouping common phrases from a
text field in SOLR?

Cordialement

*Moncif AIDI*. Ingénieur Chef d'équipe à TeslaTeam-Maroc
<http://www.teslateam.ma/>
M:+212 658 541 045 | T:+212 537 70 81 21
Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131220035&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>
<http://twitter.com/teslateam> | *Skype :* moncif44