Well. I have mixed cloud and master/slave concepts since solr is supporting. Is
there nay way to replicate dynamic confugurations to slave without zookeeper?

--Dinesh Sundaram

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:23 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replicate configoverlay.json

On 3/8/2018 8:48 AM, Sundaram, Dinesh wrote:
> Thanks Shawn for checking this. configverlay.json is not available under
> /conf. Actually it is dynamic file which is available in zookeeper log.1
> binary file. So whenever we do the config update via API it will get saved
> directly in the zookeeper log.1 binary file. Is there any way to replicate to
> Slaves if any update happens to this file.

If you're running zookeeper, then you're running SolrCloud.  And if you're
running SolrCloud, then you cannot (or at least SHOULD NOT) be using
master/slave replication to keep things in sync.

With collections in SolrCloud, any changes to your config with the config API
should take effect on all replicas as quickly as Solr can get them reloaded.
This is because the configuration is not on disk, it's in zookeeper, so all
replicas should be using exactly the same config.

Thanks,
Shawn

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the
use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail
message or attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message
in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.