Hi Joel, I did some more work on this statistics stuff today. Yes, we do
have nulls in our data; the document contains many fields, we don't always
have values for each field, but we can't set the nulls to 0 either (or any
other value, really) as that will mess up other calculations (such as when
calculating average etc); we would normally just ignore fields with null
values when calculating stats manually ourselves.

Adding a check in the "q" parameter to ensure that the fields used in the
calculations are > 0 does work now. Thanks for the tip (and sorry, should
have caught that myself). But I am unable to use "fq" for these checks,
they have to be added to the q instead. Adding fq's doesn't have any effect.

Anyway, I'm trying to change this up a little. This is what I'm currently
using (switched from "random" to "search" since I actually need the full
hitlist not just a random subset):

let(a=search(tx_prod_production, q="oil_first_90_days_production:[1 TO *]",
fq="isParent:true", rows="1500000",
fl="id,oil_first_90_days_production,oil_last_30_days_production", sort="id
asc"),
     b=col(a, oil_first_90_days_production),
     c=col(a, oil_last_30_days_production),
     d=regress(b, c))

So I have 2 fields there defined, that works great (in terms of a test and
running the query); but I need to replace the second field,
"oil_last_30_days_production" with the avg value in
oil_first_90_days_production.

I can get the avg with this expression:
stats(tx_prod_production, q="oil_first_90_days_production:[1 TO *]",
fq="isParent:true", rows="1500000", avg(oil_first_90_days_production))

But I don't know how to push that avg value into the first streaming
expression; guessing I have to set "c=...." but that is where I'm getting
lost, since avg only returns 1 value and the first parameter, "b", returns
a list of sorts. Somehow I have to get the avg value stuffed inside a
"col", where it is the same value for every row in the hitlist...?

Thanks for your help!