Looks like I've opened up a very interesting can of worms....

Thank you to all that are posting to this thread, I'm learning a lot...
 The way I see it now... a Single Solr instance on this machine, seems like
the most intelligent choice.
And then as upgrade path, adding in-expensive machines. This adds me
storage space, cpu power and starts to build up on the parallezation
cluster and load balancing.

Greetz