On 3/23/2018 11:31 AM, Deepak Goel wrote:
> Do you have any specific questions about the benchmark setup?

How many docs are in the Solr index?  How much disk space does it
consume?  How much total memory is in the machine?  How much memory is
allocated to Java heaps?  Is there any other software running besides
the Solr server and the benchmark program?  If it's a virtual machine,
do you know anything about how many virtual machines are on the physical
hardware, and whether resources are oversubscribed on the physical hardware?

> I have stated the numbers which I found during my test. The best way to
> verify them is for someone else to run the same test. Otherwise I don't see
> how we can verify the results

You have provided a code fragment, not complete code that can be used to
compile exactly what you're running.  There is no information about
exactly what you're doing with JMeter.  There are no version numbers for
any of the software that you're using.  When I look at what's available,
I don't have enough information to replicate your test.

Your code fragment has a hard-coded query in it.  Running the same query
over and over won't provide meaningful results, and definitely shouldn't
show an average query time of nearly 1.5 seconds.

Thanks,
Shawn