On 3/29/2018 8:28 PM, Terry Steichen wrote:
When I set up the initial authentications and authorizations (I'm using
6.6.0 and running in cloud mode.), I call "bin/solr auth enable
-credentials xxx:yyy".

What does this command output?  There should definitely be something output when that command is run.  I don't know if it will be a lot of output or a little bit, but whatever it is, can you provide it?

I then use a series of additional API calls ( to
create additional users and permissions).  This creates my desired
security environment (and, BTW, it seems to function as it should).

Can you elaborate on exactly what you did when you say "a series of additional API calls"?

If I restart solr, it appears I must reactivate it with the same
'bin/solr auth enable -credentials xxx:yyy' command.  But, it seems that
when solr is restarted this way, only the authorizations are retained
persistently.  But the authentications have to be created again from
scratch.

Enabling the authentication when running in cloud mode should upload a "security.json" file to zookeeper.  It should also write some variables to your solr.in.sh file, so that future usage of the bin/solr tool can provide the authentication that is required.

Thanks,
Shawn