Hi,

I'm quite new to solr and I'm looking for a way to extend the list of used
synonyms used at query-time without having to reload the config. What I've
found so far are these tow thread linked to below, of which neither really
helped me out.
Especially the MultiCore solution seems a little bit too much for 'just
reloading' the synonyms..

Right now I would choose a solution where I'd extend the
SynonymFilterFactory with a parameter for an interval in which it would look
for an update of the synonyms source file (synonyms.txt).
In case of an updated file the SynMap would be updated and from that point
on the new synonyms would be included in the query analysis.

Is this a valid approach? Would someone else find this usefull to?

cheers, Axel

http://www.nabble.com/SolrCore%2C-reload%2C-synonyms-not-reloaded-td19339767.html
Multiple Solr Cores
"http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Is-it-possible-to-add-synonyms-run-time--td15089111.html
Re: Is it possible to add synonyms run time?