Hi,

> Am 07.06.2018 um 03:20 schrieb Joel Bernstein <joels...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> At this time cycle detection is built into the nodes expression and cannot
> be turned off. The nodes expression is really designed to do a traditional
> breadth first search through a graph where cycle detection is needed so you
> don't continually walk the same nodes.
>
> Are you looking to do random walk analysis?
> I've been meaning to add a
> function that supports random walks on a graph that would not do cycle
> detection.

No, this is not about random walks. We have an application that knows
different types of entities and links betweens them. Both entities and links
are indexed and we create additional documents to represent relations
between the entities to prepare a network we can search on.
A regular walk with nodes() is part of that.

There is an issue in a situation where one of the entities in the original
system is linked to itself.  I’m haven’t finished analysing the problem yet
but I wondered whether there was an easy way to rule out that
cycle detection is causing it.

Best regards,
Christian Spitzlay