Hello, we're trying to get SOLR 7.2.1 running on SLES 11 but we hit issues with
BASH 3 and the ${distro_string,,} at the beginning of the
install_solr_service.sh.  We're just trying to get this upgraded without
tossing out the old DB serves so we can get the content team happy and move on
to redesigning the environment.  We're wondering if anyone else has hit this,
and if they have any lessons learned.

As we see it, there's a few options:

1.        Install OpenSUSE BASH 4, maybe in /opt

2.       Update the lowercase method to something from BASH 3 ( pipe to tr?)

3.       Do this by hand without the install_solr_service.sh

4.       Build new Redhat servers, migrate the DB and nuke these things.

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions here?  Are there any gotchas for
SOLR 7.2.1 in SLES 11?

NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information.
Use and further disclosure of the information by the recipient must be
consistent with applicable laws, regulations and agreements. If you received
this email in error, please notify the sender; delete the email; and do not
use, disclose or store the information it contains.