Hi again,

We are currently using Solr 7.3.1 and have a 8 shard collection. All our
TLOGs are in seperate machines & PULLs in others. Since not all shards are
in the same machine, the request will be distributed. However, we are
seeing that most of the 'distributed' parts of the requests are being
routed to the TLOG machines. This is evident as the TLOGs are saturated at
80%+ CPU while the PULL machines are sitting at 25% even through the load
balancer only routes to the PULL machines. I know we can use
'preferLocalShards', but that still doesn't solve the problem.

Is there something we have configured incorrectly? We are currently rushing
to upgrade to 7.4.0 so we can take advantage of
'shards.preference=replica.location:local,replica.type:PULL' parameter. In
the meantime, we would like to know if there is a reason for this behavior
and if there is anything we can do to avoid it.

Thank you & regards,

Ash

--
*P.S. We've launched a new blog to share the latest ideas and case studies
from our team. Check it out here: product.canva.com